DJ Valium - Valyom°

Het forum van legendarische Belgische DJ's

DJ Valium - Valyom°

Bericht door Vega »

-When did you get interested in electronic music ??

In my childhood years the soundtracks from programs such as Mysterious Cities of Gold, Cat People and Escape from New York, as well as the rise of Belgian New Beat really captured my imagination.

-You were the first belgian producer releasing music in Detroit
How did you get the idea to send a demo to Gary Martin at Teknotika records?

After reading one of his interviews in a magazine and hearing some of his musc I really related to what he was doing. It had a very European feel to it, - sexy, erotic, retro - the music that I released with Teknotika had a real 80's revival theme to it, fised with minimal africanisme boedisme house electro techno and tribal sounds
and a slow 120 bpm.....

-How did you get in contact with Dj Hell ?

It was Hell who contacted me by email, asking if I wanted to send him music for his label after he'd heard my Teknotika and Sativa releases and had heard something futuristic about them.

-Why did you use the name Dj Valium ?

It was a great name for me to use for my more relaxed electronic dance projects. Incidentally, I have nothing in commong musically with the German Trance DJ Valium - and I was definitely the first one using the name! :-)

you played at the i love techno festival 2000 between the sets of Jeff Mills
and Dj Hell ?

Yes, it was OK being scheduled between two established names, 10 years my senior! The promoter of I Love Techno did a good thing.

It was really frustrating though, that another DJ, a Eurotrance producer, suddenly turned up with the name DJ Valium. I have, however, changed my name to Valyom and the Eurotrance guy changed his to Volume, after the manufacturers of Valium prohibited us from using the name!

-you had a other name, Vdd Energise ?

Yes, VDD stands for my last name and Energize comes from Star Trek! At the start of the 90's I was playing hardcore and industrial breaks, the only guy doing this professsionally in the West of Belgium. I produced the 'Belgian Frites' EP for Drop Bass Network, flashing back to 'Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark' for one of the tracks - kind of an 80's retro theme, brought up to date for 1996 and adding my own spin to it all after the dramatic end of the movie inspired me.

-How did you get started making music ?
I heard PCP Frankfurt and Future Sound of London and it blew me away. It was a huge inspiration for me to get myself into production

-When did you start to dj ?
Believe it or not I was actually checking out vinyl at the age of 10, from various genres like Disco and Rock, that my brother and sister had. I wasn't mixing but just listening - that came when I was 17 and played in a small clubb in a small town in Belgium.

-You already played in several international locations
Yes, my best memories are in Denmark,Spain,Norway, Brazil and Germany.

VALYOM° - Vdd Energise

Has been a name to watch out for on record labels and party flyers since the early 90's, when he took his love of dance music and, with a group of friends, began throwing parties in the western provinces of Belgium. These early UFO parties were the start of a journey that has led him around the globe and
onto some of the World's most recognised underground labels.

His production career started after travelling to England, where he created his first tracks in a small studio in South London. Through the connections he made,bookings in the UK began to come in, most notably when he spun for the Eurobeat 2000 crew at London's Turnmills and Limelicht.

Back in Belgium his small studio grew in size and the productions he created were picked up, first by UK based techno label 'UFO London' and then by the renowned US hard techno imprint 'Drop Bass Network'. His early tracks such as 'Don't Open the Ark' are still talked about today.

He has also released with many other quality labels including 'Teknotika Records',as first belgium producer releasing music in Detroit.

The 80's most definitely played a huge part in sculpting of his music style, but it was the 90's ..

Releases with many other quality labels including 'Teknotika Records Detroit' and most famously 'International DJ Gigolos', who gave him the chance to perform his album live in front of his home crowd at the 'I Love Techno' festival in Belgium, has meant that he has well and truly established himself as one of the Europe's most diverse producers.

Similarly, Valyom has graced some of the best underground parties and events in the World with his DJ sets, taking in the shores of countries both on this and on the other side of the Atlantic.

you tube link http://www.youtube.com/user/VddEnergise
Laatst gewijzigd door Vega op 07 jun 2009, 15:07, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Elite Club Owner

Re: DJ Valium - Valyom°

Bericht door StevenR_73 »

heb ik eens gehoord, die is echt wel goed.

Bericht door Vega »

Club Owner

Bericht door BOUNCER »

De valium but for the friends philip VDD heb daar in mijn beginjaren zelfs lang mee uitgeweest ik zweer het u was toen al bezeten van de muziek echt impresionant was ook zijn platenkennis vooral underground die draaide al drum&bass voor het men hier al een naam voor had.

Respect to my old buddy
Afbeelding
Plaats reactie