Josh Wink

Het forum van legendarische buitenlandse DJ's

Josh Wink

Bericht door Dj Devyd »

Josh Wink has always run ahead of the pack, as a DJ, label owner, producer, remixer, and artist. With the release of Profound Sounds Vol. 2, Wink continues to forge ahead, challenging established conventions of what a mix CD should be, not only by remaining true to his mercurial aesthetic as a DJ, but also taking advantage of technology to fine-tune his selections into the best possible recorded representation of Josh Wink.

"Profound Sounds Vol. 1 is one of my favorite compilations -it just happens that I made it," says Wink of the new album's 1999 predecessor. "It represents me, and the way I combine house and techno, in both my DJ sets and as a producer, pretty well. I'm not one for holding people to one specific genre; I love being on the median in between."

The sound of Josh Wink today remains one of a man unafraid to walk the border between stylistic boundaries. Profound Sounds Vol. 2 starts off dark and atmospheric with "Form Is Emptiness" by Swayzak, then quickly builds momentum with the minimal and melodic Joshua Main mix of Rithma's "Tracks for a Weirder Day." The 73-minute mix incorporates hints of old school Chicago house ("Make A Move" by Minimal Man), electro ("E Series 2" by Frankie Bones), and even Latin and tribal house ("Auburn" by David Alvarado). Perhaps the finest example of Wink's refusal to limit his play list to any one genre comes at the three-quarter mark, when he integrates Aaron Carl's paean to house music, "The Word," over techno-flavored tracks courtesy of Rino Cerrone and Mr. G.

After forming Ovum Recordings as an independent label in October 1994 with former partner King Britt, Josh recorded the cult classic 'Liquid Summer'. He went on to release singles for a wide variety of revered European labels ranging from Belgium's R & S to England's XL Recordings. In 1995, Wink became one of the first DJ-producers to translate his hard work into mainstream success when he unleashed a string of classics including 'Don't Laugh'¸ 'I'm Ready' and 'Higher State of Consciousness' that topped charts worldwide. More recently he has had massive club hits such as 'How's Your Evening So Far' and 'Superfreak' but he has also gained a lot of attention trough his remixes for FC Kahuna, Oakenfold, Ladytron, Sting and Depeche Mode, among others.

Bekende Hits :

Medditation Will Manifest
Don't Laugh
Higher State Of Consciousness
Thoughts Of A Tranced Love
How's Your Evening So Far?

Binnekort aan het werk te zien @ Cafe D'Anvers

zeker van de partij !
Afbeelding
Club Member

Bericht door Flasheur »

van dieje thoughts of a tranced love benk nog altijd zoo wilt :D is 1 van men meest favo plaatjes ooit!
* raise your hands in the spirit of house music *

Bericht door stanske »

nog een wink-hit: superfreak!

10 nov. present in cda 8)
every monday xerox @ www.lazerhothits.com from 17.00 till 18.00

www.myspace.com/xeroxdj
Elite Legendary Member
Favoriete Clubs: Boccacio, Globe

Bericht door ThaMan »

HAD goeie nrs en soms waren zijn sets ook wel AF. Maar de laatste jaren vind ik er geen bats meer aan....

Bericht door Dj Devyd »

ThaMan schreef:HAD goeie nrs en soms waren zijn sets ook wel AF. Maar de laatste jaren vind ik er geen bats meer aan....
hoe komt het?
had hem vorig jaar maar es moeten bezig zien @ CDA :eek:
Afbeelding
Elite Legendary Member
Favoriete Clubs: Boccacio, Globe

Bericht door ThaMan »

Ligt puur aan mij hoor... ben niet meer zo voor al die elektronische dingen.

Bericht door Dj Devyd »

wa een avond zaterdag...Wink bewees nog maar eens de beste te zijn

check pics op

www.djreality.be
Afbeelding
Plaats reactie