Space (Ibiza)

Het forum van de andere legendarische clubs
Club Member

Space (Ibiza)

Bericht door Don Cabron »

Als er één club is, waar alle, mr dan ook alle grote djs der aarde gedraaid hebben, dan is het de Space in Ibiza wel!! De After der afters.. 7 dagen op 7 kunt ge er terecht!

Buiten de overbekende terraza om lekker in de zon te shaken, mr in Space is de immense soundsystem en donkere sfeer binnen toch nog iets meer "after". Er staat ook e pooltafel, mr denk niet dat daar op hoog niveau gespeeld wordt ;)

Verslagje vanuit www.djmag.com, waar Space op 1 staat in de Club top 50 (Fuse als enige belgische trouwens op 25):

www.space-ibiza.es
What's it like?
Everybody knows Space, right?
It is safe to say even if you are vaguely into dance music, you have heard of Space whether you have been to Ibiza or not.

What's the story then?
Well everybody has heard the story of Brandon Block and Alex P and how one morning they decided to cart the decks outside onto what would later become the terrace (back then it was just a cloakroom – although quite who would necessitate a cloakroom in Ibiza is quite open to debate), so there is no point boring you with that tale again. However, it would be churlish not to merit this event as a stroke of genius, for it has essentially transformed Space from a moderately cheesy Playa D'en Bossa disco into the World's No.1 club.

What makes it so special?
The atmosphere, basically – and, of course, raving outside in the sun during the day.

When is the best time to go?
Depends what you are into. Sundays at Space generally commands the biggest crowds – a 22-hour endurance test where only the hardcore survive. Sundays are almost like a mini-festival, with over 30 DJs playing every week. Carl Cox hosts Tuesdays, where he invites all his techno chums to get right on it, while La Troya – the infamous gay night poached from rivals Amnesia – host Wednesdays. If you are seeking the ultimate Space experience, then you need to go for either the opening party or the closing party.

What happens inside the club?
There are two more rooms inside – the main 'Discoteca' and the 'Caja Roja', which is Spanish for the Red Box. Impressed with our basic grasp of Spanish?

Not really. Tell us more about the 'discoteca'…
Since they sorted out the soundsystem and the air conditioning the 'discoteca' can rub shoulders with any of the world's top clubs – regardless of the terrace. The Red Box is small, but is probably the best room to hear the freshest cutting edge music. The Vitalik parties were the worst kept secret of last summer, as the queues often suggested.

Who Play's there?
Too many to mention. Space and We Love have something like 28 residents between them, from James Zabiela and Smokin Jo to Tom Novy and DJ Oliver.

What the DJs say
Dan Ghenacia:"I like the global thing with Space; it's a global party for everyone. I think inside is my favourite room to play, the soundsystem is amazing and when you get the right crowd with the right music, it's crazy.

"Tom Novy: “For me it's the best club because everybody comes to party from all over the world. You should come and celebrate with us on the sunset terrace every Sunday this summer to understand. It's a special vibe!

”Geddes: “When you hear people talking about Space, the terrace is always the topic of conversation. For me personally the discoteca is my favourite room to play in, once full and with the right tunes the place does literally go off. The sound and position of the booth, plus 2000 people in front of you makes it a very special place. That's why I rate it.”

James Zabiela: “My first ever trip to Ibiza was playing Space, which is pretty amazing for a debut visit. To this day it is one of my fondest memories. It's definitely one of the best gigs I've ever had and was a real changing point in my career. Playing inside Space is like a journey to the centre of the earth.
The Sound of the Underground> http://www.Eargasm.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
& Let's get Loco @ http://www.KetaLoco.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!
Plaats reactie